Family Planning That's Right for You
Decisions like if and when to have children — and how many — are deeply personal. Our team is here to support you with a full range of reproductive health services, including family planning, counseling, and testing to see if you are pregnant.
Our Reproductive Health Clinics
- Annual exams, including physical exams, PAP smears, and lab testing at a reduced rate or no cost
- Birth control method supplies, including birth control pills, Depo-Provera injections, condoms, contraceptive rings, IUDs, and implants
- Birth control information and counseling, including referrals for vasectomy
- Emergency contraception ("morning after pill")
- Full option counseling and testing to see if you are pregnant
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening and treatment
- HIV/AIDS testing and counseling
- Sterilization options and referrals
- Pre-conception counseling to discuss risk factors and lifestyle modifications
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
*NHC does not provide prenatal or pregnancy care, but we can refer you to a maternity care provider in the community.
Did you know 1 in 2 sexually active adults contracts some type of sexually transmitted infection (STI) by the time they’re 25?
STIs can occur at any time, jeopardizing both your health and your relationships. But with early detection and new treatment methods, many sexually transmitted diseases can be cured or managed with medication.
NHC providers can help detect sexual health issues and work with you to begin the healing process. If you think you might have an STI, contact your NHC clinic for support and treatment options.
Early symptoms of pregnancy can include headache, fatigue, nausea, and breast tenderness – although these may also be indications of other conditions. If you think you are pregnant, call NHC at 503-858-5861 to schedule a confidential appointment. We offer testing at low or no cost to you.
If you are ready to start a family, NHC offers services to help promote a healthy pregnancy, including pre-conception counseling and STI testing.
While pregnancy can be an exciting time in a person or couple’s life, unplanned or unintended pregnancies can cause psychological distress, such as depression and anxiety. If avoiding pregnancy is your current priority, NHC offers birth control counseling, annual exams, and emergency contraception (within 5 days of unprotected sex).
Every Tuesday NHC holds a walk-in youth clinic at our Hillsboro Reproductive Health Clinic, from 3:00pm - 7:00pm. Services at The Clinic are low or no cost, available to people of all genders, ages 24 and under. The Clinic is completely confidential and is staffed by educators and medical professionals who are trained to meet special social and medical needs. Youth do not need written permission from a parent or guardian to get services, but parents and family members are welcome.
- Free condoms
- Birth control methods
- STD and HIV tests
- Test to see if you are pregnant
- Information about sexual health
- Information about access to other services
Our care teams provide high-quality whole-person care, supporting each patients' unique mental, emotional, and physical health needs. The care you receive at NHC will help you get healthy and stay healthy with collaborative solutions right for you and your particular situation, regardless of your residence status, citizenship status, income, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, or religion.