The School-Based Health Center (SBHC) RN is responsible for providing comprehensive clinical services and support in the outpatient management and care of patients at the NHC Merlo Station SBHC location. Registered Nurses are expected to understand their scope of practice in the State of Oregon and practice according to this scope of practice.
The Youth Program Coordinator guides a youth-adult partnership to design, develop, and implement dedicated youth programs to meet the varying needs of youth throughout NHC’s SBHCs.
This part-time position is employed during the school year only, with summers and longer school breaks off and unpaid.
Essential job duties:
- Performs comprehensive health assessment of pediatric patients ages 0-21 by completing a physical and psycho-social history; identifies actual and potential health needs based on medical, mental/emotional, financial, and social factors
- Assists patients to maintain maximum quality of life by coordinating services of community agencies and encouraging preventive practices; monitors direct care of chronic illness; teaches home health and self-care, prevention of disease and health maintenance
- Provides youth-led programming oversight, including developing and managing youth activities, supporting, and monitoring performance related to projects
- Conducts outreach to increase awareness of youth-led program services and the SBHC
Education and experience:
- This position requires an Associates Degree in Nursing
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training preferred in the FQHC or primary care field
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of childhood immunizations and administration preferred
- This position requires a current unrestricted Oregon RN license
- Active CPR certification required
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required