The School-Based Health Center (SBHC) RN is responsible for providing comprehensive clinical services and support in the outpatient management and care of patients at NHC’s SBHC locations. Registered Nurses are expected to understand their scope of practice in the State of Oregon and practice according to this scope of practice.
The Youth Coordinator guides a youth-adult partnership to design, develop, and implement dedicated youth programs to meet the varying needs of youth through NHC’s SBHCs. Key focus areas include reducing mental health stigma, promoting SBHC access, developing student resiliency, and engaging youth in leadership roles in their schools and communities.
Essential job duties:
- Performs comprehensive health assessments of pediatric patients ages 0-21 by completing a physical and psycho-social history, identifies actual and potential health needs based on medical, mental/emotional, financial, and social factors
- Provides care in an SBHC, a medical clinic on school grounds with a youth-centered model to support students and their siblings
- Provides youth-led programming oversight, including developing and managing youth activities, supporting and monitoring performance related to projects, and planning for improvements where needed
- Conducts outreach to increase awareness of youth-led program services and the SBHC
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Nursing from an accredited school
- 1-3 years of experience and/or training preferably at an FQHC or primary care facility
- Familiarity with Pacific Island culture and community and/or bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of childhood immunizations and administration preferred
- Current unrestricted Oregon RN license
- Active CPR certification required
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required