This position is the first point of contact for patients at NHC, answering all incoming medical and dental calls from patients to schedule appointments, answer general inquiries and questions, and transfer triage and clinical calls as appropriate. This position serves patients and customers in a fast-paced, challenging, multi-telephone call center.
Essential job duties:
- Answers incoming phone calls timely, professionally, and with courtesy and respect
- Screens calls using established protocols to determine caller needs and handles or redirects callers appropriately
- Pre-registers patients in Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Helps contact and reschedule patients when providers’ schedules change
Experience and education:
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience in a fast-paced customer service setting, preferably in healthcare.