NHC Testing for COVID-19
Who Qualifies for Testing at NHC
In order to fully meet the testing needs of our patients who have been exposed to COVID-19, or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we are limited our COVID testing to specific populations.
NHC will test any member of the community if they meet the following qualifications.
NHC WILL test you if:
- You are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 (see list below)
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- OR, You are feeling fine but have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID, AND spent more than 15 minutes within 6 feet of the positive person;
- OR, you have been required to be tested for an upcoming procedure.
You will need to be tested elsewhere if:
The fastest way to find a COVID Testing site near you is the Oregon State’s COVID Testing page.
- You are in need of COVID-19 testing for travel;
- After a positive test, your employer is requiring a negative COVID test before allowing you to return to work.*
*The CDC does not recommend retesting someone who meets the following guidelines after quarantining and recovering from COVID-19. Instead of retesting, NHC will provide the patient with a letter that the patient can provide to their employer. The letter will outline the recommendations for allowing a previously infected employee to return to work.
If experiencing any emergency symptoms below, do not wait for a COVID Test appointment. You should contact your provider immediately or seek emergency medical care immediately.
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds
NHC follows the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Oregon Health Authority (OHA) guidelines for vaccine testing.