Who We Are
Building healthy communities – one neighbor at a time – through patient-centered health care, regardless of income or current state of wellness.
Neighborhood Health Center’s patient-centered approach to health care honors the unique needs and circumstances of each individual patient. NHC sees people, not problems, and recognizes that the time spent as a patient in a doctor’s office is only one factor in a person’s overall health. Our leading edge, integrated clinical teams work in partnership with patients, their families, and the communities we serve to provide whole-person care, prevention, and ongoing support. As a result, NHC is our neighbors’ first choice for health and wellness.
- Each patient is at the center of their own health goals, treatment, and decisions.
- Individual patient needs and circumstances are prioritized whenever possible.
- Differences in people and perspectives are acknowledged, encouraged, and addressed equitably.
- Individuals are valued members of their team or group, and have the support they need to do their jobs well.
- We honor patient choice, and patients can rely on NHC to be responsive, honest, and reliable at
every point of contact.
- Operational processes and decisions are informed by data, best practices, and stakeholder feedback.
- Communication, internally and externally, is clear and consistent.
- All aspects of the organization are in compliance with applicable rules, standards, and laws.
- Team members pursue ongoing professional development to ensure high quality patient care.
- Any community member who has contact with NHC has the opportunity to provide feedback on the experience; and community feedback is regularly reviewed by leadership.
Health and Wellness
- NHC models an organizational culture of health and wellness through professional development opportunities, team cohesion, and human resources practices.